Make the most of your social networks to help beat cancer
Whether you've set up a Fundraising Page or given a one-off donation, there are lots of other ways you can help our work. You can start by sharing your fundraising story with your friends, their friends, and so on.
Email is one of the best ways to spread the word about MyProjects to friends, family and colleagues. And by using Facebook, Twitter and other social-networking sites, you'll see the impact grow as your total rises, helping the project reach its target.
Read on for more tips on spreading the word about your fundraising.
- Update your Facebook status - share links to your Fundraising Page or the project you're supporting, so your friends can read about it in their news feeds
- Click the "like" button on the page of the project you've chosen to support
- Ask your friends to donate their Facebook status to you, and reach lots of extra people outside of your network
- Use the Cancer Research UK Facebook page to connect with other fundraisers
- "Like" us on Facebook and be part of the strong and growing Cancer Research UK community
- Twitter is great for sharing quick updates! Tweet to your followers about your plans, ask for input, and keep them up to date on fundraising progress
- Share milestones and see if your followers can help you reach the next goal
- Ask your followers to retweet the link to your page or preferred project
- Follow Cancer Research UK on Twitter and share tips and support with other fundraisers
- Use the tell a friend function on the site to send an email to all of your contacts - add your address book to your MyProjects profile to make this even easier
- Keep your Fundraising Page photo and video gallery fresh, and update the message board to keep your members involved